2016 ROBERTSON AND CAINE LEOPARD 48 - Tropicool
BUILDERS REMARKS: The award-winning Leopard 48 offers blue water performance and comfortable living spaces; this catamaran is a popular member of the Leopard line.
The Leopard 48 features a large forward cockpit with direct access from the saloon and a stairway to the forward platform. Other exterior bonuses include a large and open aft cockpit with cockpit table. A raised helm station, providing excellent panoramic visibility, allows for excellent blue water maneuverability.
The galley of the Leopard 48 comes equipped with top-of-the-line appliances and ample prepping space. The expertly-designed interior makes sailing not only fun, but also incredibly comfortable. Her modern lines and open floor plan set a new standard for the modern cruising catamaran.
BROKERS REMARKS: TROPICOOL is looking in great shape and will still go through her phase out process. The forward cockpit and bright airy interior are the points that are most noted on viewing. This boat has the lighter ash interior and all the other great features of the 48. Forward seating area, electric davits, Yanmar engines, Northern Lights generator and air conditioning.
AVAILABILITY: Due to be released from the fleet 30th June 2021. May be available sooner please enquire.
NOTE: This vessel sustained some damage from Hurricane IRMA, and has been repaired following the builders guidelines. The pictures of the vessel were taken after the repairs were completed. Please contact your Broker for more detailed information on the repairs.
||Simonis Voogd/ R&C
|Available for sale in U.S. waters:
||Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
||48 ft - 14.63 meter
||Draft - max:
||4 ft 10 in - 1.47 meter
||48 ft 5 in - 14.76 meter
||25 ft - 7.62 meter
||57 (Individual), 114 (combined)
||92 gallons - 2 tank(s)
||23 gallons - 2 tank(s)
|Fresh Water Tank:
||103 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Sandwich with Balsa core
- DECK MATERIAL: Textured GRP
- RUDDER TYPE: Balanced spade rudder
- KEEL TYPE: Multihull
- WHERE BUILT: South Africa
ENGINES AND CONTROLS
- ENGINE 1 LAST SERVICED: Every 3 months
- ENGINE 1 HOURS RUN/DATE: 1636 estimated @ May 2021
- ENGINE 2 LAST SERVICED: Every 3 months
- ENGINE 2 HOURS RUN/DATE: 1528 estimated @ May 2021
- GEARBOX: Yanmar SD60
- CONTROLS: Morse
- COOLING SYSTEM: Heat Exchanger
SAILS AND RIGGING
- TYPE: Sloop Rig
- SPAR MAKER/MATERIAL: Z Spars Diffusion/ Aluminium
- STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: Stainless steel wire, original
- RUNNING RIGGING MATERIAL: Core braided line
- MAINSAIL REEFING: Slab reefing
- HEADSAIL ROLLER FURLING: Profurl Titanium
- GENOA WINCHES: 1 Lewmar 55ST, 2-speed, self-tailing, electric and 1 45ST manual
- MAIN HALYARD WINCH: Starboard side genoa winch used (electric)
- MAINSHEET WINCH: 1 Lewmar 55ST, 2-speed, manual
- COOKER TYPE: Eno, 3 Burner
- GRILL: Yes
- SINK: (1) Double basin in galley and dish drainer
- SHOWERS: 4 plus transom shower
- HANDBASINS: 4 plus crew
- UPHOLSTERY/COLOUR SCHEME: Cream naugahyde in saloon and striped cotton covers in cabins
- INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Ash laminated marine ply
- AIR CONDITIONING: Three Cruisair units: 40,000 BTU Total (2) 12,000 BT and (1) 16,000 BTU) 110v.
- VOLTAGE: 12V
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT: 110V
- HOUSE BATTERIES: (3) 4D 630Ah
- ENGINE BATTERIES: (2) 100Ah
- GENERATOR BATTERIES: (1) 100Ah
- ALTERNATOR: Hitachi 80Ah
- WARPS: 4
- FENDERS: 5
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: Delta
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: Danforth
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.